Small Business Resources
Rogers Park Business Alliance is proud of the caring, work ethic, dedication and resiliency of the West Ridge community. We firmly believe that, together, we will meet the challenge that we are all faced with today and going forward.
- Accion is administering the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity GRANTS. Food and beverage businesses who generated less than $1M in revenue in 2019 can and are encouraged to apply. More information here.
- Bartender Emergency Assistance Program here.
- Chicago Small Business Resiliency Fund
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program is collecting emails from business owners in order to send them updates about the grants. Information here.
- Federal disaster loans for businesses, private nonprofits, homeowners and renters from Small Business Administration. Apply at Disaster Loan Assistance.
- State of Illinois Treasurer is now offering loans to small businesses through local banks with their Illinois Small Business COVID-19 Relief Program.
- To support businesses the Women’s Business Development Center has created a disaster loan readiness checklist and a comprehensive applicant guide for the SBA loans.
- Take a few minutes to complete the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity Survey that will assist in evaluating a request for an economic injury disaster declaration. Click here to fill out the form.
- Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) has put together an FAQ document with answers to the many questions facing restaurant and bar.
- BACP Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Resources for Businesses, Consumers and Employees.
- BACP has resources especially for any COVID-19 related consumer fraud visit, BACP Consumer Fraud Hotline.
- ChiBizHub small business portal.
- Chicago Department of Public Health Guidance for Business and Employers.
- Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce resource page here.
- Chicago Community COVID-19 Response Fund from LISC, City of Chicago and United Way of Metro Chicago.
- ComEd response to COVID-19 here.
- Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events, COVID-19 Arts Community Resources.
- The Federal Trade Commission has an alert page to avoid Coronavirus scams, here.
- You can find information on how to start a GoFundMe campaign here.
- Governor Pritzker’s office has provided FAQs regarding the ‘stay at home’ order, read here.
- GrubHub is temporarily suspending collection in commission payments from impacted independent restaurants nationwide. More information here.
- Illinois Department of Commerce Essential Businesses & Operations FAQ
- The Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC) created an FAQ in response to Governor Pritzker’s Executive Order that mandates the closure of on-premise dining in Illinois restaurants. The FAQ will help restaurants with “combined” on and off-premises liquor license holders gain clarification on what is allowed. Businesses that are unsure about the classification of their state liquor license should contact the ILCC for additional information.
- Liquor licenses expire on the last day of each month. Due to the hardships on liquor license holders as a result of the COVID-19, all licenses expiring on March 31, 2020, April 30, 2020, and May 31, 2020 are extended until July 31, 2020. For more information please go to ILCC Liquor License Extensions.
- Illinois Restaurant Association resources here.
- Illinois Unemployment Insurance – The state’s unemployment program has been opened for those temporarily out of work due to COVID-19. The website has been up and down due to heavy traffic, but they can also be reached by phone as 1-800-244-5631.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Resources.
- The Small Business Advocacy Council is gathering insight and data to assist with the formation of policy initiatives that can help Chicago businesses weather this storm. While it would be helpful for business owners, entrepreneurs and others supported by the small business community to identify themselves on the survey, please feel free to complete the form anonymously. You also do not need to complete every inquiry on the survey. Please only provide the information you feel comfortable sharing. SBAC will immediately pass completed surveys onto the Mayor’s team. Survey here.
- State of Illinois resource page here.
- 40th Ward Website.
- 50th Ward Website.
Share your specials, your hours of operations, your delivery and shipping alternatives here. Anything that you are doing to promote your business. We will share it on the OnDevon social media accounts, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Announcements / Listings / Services
- Let customers know if you are offering delivery and curbside pick up.
- Announce on your website and social media accounts if you are closing or remaining open.
Fundraisers / Donations
- Rogers Park Food Not Bombs is looking for donations of food that restaurants perhaps might not be able to use. Fill out for here.
- Submit your fundraiser to Chicago Service Relief directory here. You can also find a business to support.
- Businesses can set up an account with Square to create eGift Cards that can be sold online. Every business receives their own links that can be shared on social media and websites. Click here to sign up.
- Yiftee can provide gift cards to sell on Facebook. Info here.
- If you need help setting up your gift card contact Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
List your business services for free below (delivery, curbside, take out, etc.)
- Add your restaurant/pub to the Dining at a Distance list for customers to find out if you are open and offering pickup, delivery or curbside service. Here.
- Send your restaurant information to Chicago Tribune to be included in their list here.
For more information call 773-508-5885 or email us at email@example.com.